Wednesday, November 9, 2011

By the Book

I have changed my mind about what we are doing for our guestbook. (Honestly, I don't know how Matt deals with me sometimes.) I really love the Wedding Wishes Guestbook from Organize.com but it's pretty expensive and I've seen some other really great personalized ideas. I really loved fellow Knottie Zimsgirl's guestbook: she made a photobook using her engagement pictures with space for guests to sign. So I'm going to combine that idea WITH the envelope idea from the Wedding Wishes book to create a one-of-a-kind guestbook for our wedding! I have already created the photobook with Snapfish (and will get it really cheap thanks to My Coke Rewards). I left spaces and whole pages blank (or with just a quote) to glue in small envelopes. I'm having blank business cards (they have a design on the front, but no writing except on the back) printed with Vistaprint that will guests will write on and put in the envelopes. I now have to order everything and glue the envelopes in (not sure which glue would be best). I'll post more when I start working on it!

front of the cards
back of the cards
I have also changed my mind about the invitations. (Of course!) I decided to make envelopes on Vistaprint that match the invites instead of buying the metallic ones. I'm also going to use 12x12 black cardstock (maybe glittery, depending on price) to make my own pocketfolds. I made a template/mock-up with some plain white 12x12 scrapbook paper today and it's going to look really awesome! I think I may buy a paper cutter, though so that I can do multiple papers and keep in fairly uniform. It's still going to be a lot cheaper than buying everything and, since I like DIY projects, more fun! Again, I will post more when I get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment