Sunday, February 5, 2012

Baby Talk

132 days

Currently working on: pocketfolds (62/130 done)

I have had baby fever for a while now (working at a daycare is obviously not helping this) and, after sitting behind two of the cutest little girls I have ever seen at the Friars game, I realized that Matt and I should talk about when we want to have a baby. He knew my position, as I've made it quite clear; as soon as possible after the wedding. However, after some thought on my part, I realized I would want to be living in a bigger, nicer place (which we plan on doing right after the wedding) and have a better paying job. (That second part may be slightly easier now that I'm certified to teach in Massachusetts.) Matt had made it clear that he wanted to wait, but we had never really talked about how long. So I asked him tonight when he would ideally like to start trying. Surprisingly, he said in September. His reasoning was that we would be able to enjoy newlywed life for a few months and give ourselves time to settle into a new home and, hopefully, a new job for me. I was really happy with this answer and so we have made it official (as official as this decision can be); I'll be going off birth control in September and we'll see how it goes from there.

On a more wedding-related note, I have my trial alteration appointment tomorrow. I'm going to get some of the material taken off the bottom so that I can get our mothers' corsages ordered from Etsy. I'm really excited to see how they turn out! (Random, but a crossword puzzle I was working on today had Etsy as one of the answers!)

And, last but not least, we bought a new printer today (on sale) so I can finally print everything for our scrapbook...in color!

No comments:

Post a Comment