Saturday, February 4, 2012

Crown Jewels

Matt and I have done a lot in the last two hours. We got most of our tax returns in and have put them to good use. (I hate how fast money goes.) So here's what we have done thus far (minus paying bills):

We bought our wedding bands!! We had a $50 gift card from my parents from Christmas that we used and we got free shipping, so our total was only about $135. They are simple white gold bands, both the same style since Matt has small fingers and Kay's men's rings start at 9. We should get them in by mid-next week! Here's a picture:


We also ordered our mothers' gifts! We found jewelry from Limoges that we were able to personalize with birth stones. They are beautiful and I know our moms are going to love them! Here are the sample images from online, I'll post pictures of the actual jewelry once it comes in!

My mom
(the top birthstone is October, both for her and my dad, then January for me, December for my brother, May for one of my sisters, and August for my youngest sister)

Matt's mom
(the first birthstone is January for his dad, then June for his mom, November for Matt, and March for his sister)

Next we contacted the videographer to make sure he was still available so we can send in our deposit! I'm so excited that we'll have a video of the ceremony (we didn't want the reception taped and, frankly, couldn't afford it.) We're sending in the contract and deposit on Monday!

I also ordered the rest of our programs from Vistaprint as well as more envelope seals for the favors, and more thank yous. I also bought another Groupon for Vistaprint because we still need to order the menu inserts for the invitations and more thank yous.

Lastly, I ordered the silver candles for the centerpieces! They were slightly more expensive than the white ones, but the came to $35 total. Here are the two different types that I bought:


No comments:

Post a Comment