Saturday, October 15, 2011

Coming Along Smoothly

An update on last night's post:
I went to Walmart this morning and bought some 3M sandpaper to get rid of the finished layer on the hangers. I started right when I got home and it took me less than 5 minutes to sand each hanger. After I sanded them, I put one coat on each hanger and let them dry (I did it in a pattern: sanding one hanger and then painting it then moving to the next). Once each had dried I added another coat which is when I realized that the silver paint I was using for mine looked awful. I changed mine to black and I plan on adding a clear glitter coat over it tomorrow. Once they dried I added the silver glitter stickers on each (I used them for our moms' too but I didn't sand and paint them, just left the hangers the way they came). I then painted over the stickers and paint with the top coat. (I have to finish this tomorrow because I ran out of the sticker letters that I need.) After that all dried, I added on some rhinestones (not on our moms') and tied a bow using the ribbon from the bouquets/boutonnieres. I used some 24 gauge silver wire to attach the bows to the tops of the hangers. Once I order the wire names I'll add them on, too, except for the moms'.
For directions with pictures on how to make these hangers (so far) click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment