Sunday, October 9, 2011

I'm a Regular Picasso

Matt and I both had the day off today, so I worked on a couple of the DIY projects. We went to breakfast this morning with one of my friends from high school who was in town. After that I dragged Matt to Michael's, yet again, to get some more stuff for the projects. We got two small boxes that we will use to hold the cards for our guest book. (It's from organize.com; click here to see it!) I also bought some silver paint and more silver wiring for the bouquets.
When I got home, I spray painted six more of the frames for the table numbers (and got high off the fumes in the process). They really look great painted versus the original white plastic. I officially have one third of them done!
I also painted the boxes for the guestbook cards; the top is black and the bottom is silver. I'm going to wrap some of the ribbon I used for my tossing bouquet around the bottoms.
Yesterday, Matt and I were debating the card box we originally picked out. We both decided we would rather do a DIY one using three circle paper mache boxes. I ordered the set off Amazon last night for just under $6. I'll probably paint them black, white, and silver and use the various ribbons we have to wrap around them as additional decoration.
I also fiddled around with Publisher and created a monogram for the wedding. Our invitations have a monogram on them, but I wanted one that had our future last initial (for use after the ceremony) and the date. I'm not sure where or how I'll use it, but I really like the way it came out.
I'll be sure to update when and where I'll be using the monogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment