Friday, October 14, 2011

Home Depot: We Have a Problem

I went to Walmart on my lunch break today and found five packs of wood hangers for under $5. I was really excited except that they are finished. So after work I went to Michael's to get paint for them (as well as more ribbon, silver wire, stickers, and embellishments) and forgot to get sand paper. (I'm not sure they carry it, but I forgot to go to Home Depot or Walmart.) I was super excited to start the hangers and then realized that I wouldn't be able to paint them without sanding them first. Thank God tomorrow is Saturday and I can run to Home Depot as soon as I get up!
I also messaged the etsy seller that had the wire names and she said she drops the price piece to $5 for bridal parties. It's still $3 shipping per item, so $8 total, but I think I might get them for all the girls (but not our moms). It would be $64 total which I wouldn't really mind spending. With that in mind, I found silver glitter stickers that I will use to spell out their roles. I bought white glitter ones for my hanger as well as pearl and rhinestone embellishments.
Here are the acrylic paints that I bought for the hangers, though:
 Holiday Red

Light Orange (from painting wine glasses a year ago)

 Yellow

 Hunter Green

Bright Blue

Plum

Pink Blast (also from wine glasses)

No comments:

Post a Comment