Monday, September 5, 2011

Celebrating Us

My parents (well, my mom really) decided to throw an engagement party for my fiance and I. Of course, we were engaged in March, but my family is always fashionably late. So mom sent out the invitations (that I ordered from Vistaprint, I love them!) and the party is set for next Saturday, the 10th. I'm really excited about having everyone together for the first time! Not only will our families be there, but most of the bridal party is coming as well. A lot of them don't know one another so it will be their first time meeting one another. Plus, it'll be a good way to break the ice. These are the details that I have helped my mom plan:
  • For food we decided to do just appetizers and snacky foods and, of course, desserts. My family loves food and we always have a ton of food at parties. Usually people end up eating too many appetizers and then no one has room for dinner, so we figured we would just skip dinner and go to dessert. (Sounds good to me!) Of course, we still planned a large menu, with plenty of booze, but at least there won't be a second course.
  • My mom decided that she wants to do games. (I'm still a little unsure, but I figured we'd see how they went.) Jess, one of my bridesmaids, is helping Mom with this by doing either a Newlywed or Jeopardy-type game. I think my mom is also doing a question based game where people have to guess whose paper they have based on the answers. I'll let you know how the games go over, especially with the males.
I think that's all that's really been planned, not that there is much else to do. I'll let you know next week how it goes!

The invitation for the engagement party

1 comment: