Monday, September 5, 2011

It's Not Raining Yet...

Matt and I attended a shower/stag party yesterday for the daughter of a friend of my parents. She's four years older than I am and we've known each other since I was born. (That was actually how our parents started hanging out with one another.) Anyway, I had a good time depsite not knowing many people, or at least not having seen them in years. However, it made me realize that I definitely want a typical all-girls' bridal shower.

I've already asked my mom to host it so that my maid of honor doesn't have too much on her plate. Plus, my mom loves throwing parties, especially for family. I realized yesterday that, although it was fun to have everyone there, it wasn't a typical shower. Men don't really care about opening the presents or playing goofy, girly games. I want the shower to be fun, maybe even bordering on corny. Can't worry too much right now, though, since the shower won't be until March of next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment