Saturday, March 24, 2012

March Showers

84 days

218 invited
62 attending
14 declined

Today was my shower and the bridal party brunch! It was SO much fun!! My bridesmaids had a great time at the brunch. My dad made crepes, which are my favorite, and we had mimosas. It was the girls and the hosts of my shower: my mom, gram, and two aunts, and we sat around eating and chatting. A couple hours later the shower began. We ate some more and played a couple games. My Aunt Dee made an ice breaking game out of two truths and a lie. Whoever got the most correct won a prize: a set of 6 wine glasses that went to....Nicole! We also played the "Nearlywed Game". I had to answer questions that Matt had already answered and got points for the ones that were right. Whoever guessed what score I ended up with won another prize: a Panera gift card that went to Shannon! Everyone ate dessert while I opened gifts. Matt and I got GREAT stuff, including 3 of the same serving tray set. (Good thing we got gift receipts with them.) Now Matt and I just have to find room for everything as well as go through our current stuff and get rid of some stuff. (And maybe move into a bigger place soon...)

RSVPs from yesterday and today:
-my cousin, Kevin, and his girlfriend, Kristen
-my former coworker, Michelle, and her boyfriend, Adam
-my friends from college and brothers, Andre & Calvin

A couple of packages yesterday:
1. Another dress I ordered for the honeymoon from Charlotte Russe.


2. Our readers' cufflinks



3. The corsage we ordered for the anniversary dance.
4. A shower gift from my friend Diana! She got us one of our new couch pillows and a set of shot glasses that I wanted!

To see all the pictures and gifts from the shower, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment